Rebecka Martinsson (Season 2)

Dare I say that I liked Season 2 more than Season 1?

For me, the best thing about Season 1 was the performance of Ida Engvoll.  I haven’t read the source novels but I thought her portrayal of the conflicted title character was superb.  Hence, I wasn’t enthused by the decision to replace her with Sascha Zacharias in Season 2.  Still, I must admit that her performance is good but it’s hard to shrug away the images of Season 1.

Where Season 2 scored for me over Season 1 was in the balance between the crimes and their investigation on one hand, and the storyline of the title character on the other.  Secondly, the plots were more grounded.  Like Season 1, the supporting cast is excellent and the beautiful, if bleak landscapes cast a spell of their own.

Here’s a link to a trailer.