The Big Apple- COVID-19 Wit

The Big Apple is probably one of the best websites to check the origins of phrases, quotes, sayings, and a lot more.  It now also features a massive compilation of COVID-19 puns and wisecracks.  Here’s a short selection:

All countries got Coronavirus eventually, but China got it right off the bat.

And in the end mankind used so much toilet paper, they wiped themselves out.

Have you been traumatized by the toilet paper shortage? You may be entitled to constipation.

I never thought in my entire life that my hands would consume more alcohol than my mouth.

I ran out of toilet paper, so have begun using old newspapers… The Times are rough.

I’m deeply disturbed by how many people seem to see washing their hands as a new thing.

I’m excited that the phrase ‘get the f*** away from me’ is no longer rude but a PSA.

I’m just a girl, standing 6 feet away from a boy. Asking him to maybe move back another foot.

It takes a village to raise a child…and a distillery to home school one.

Maybe they should call it the Squirrel Flu because everyone is nuts and hoarding everything.

The buttons on my jeans have started social distancing from each other.