A Most Unusual Revelation

This is one of the most astonishing lines that I have ever heard in any commercial (or anywhere else, for that matter).  As uttered by a mixed martial arts fighter while fronting an ad for a used car dealership in Arkansas, USA:

When I ripped my testicles open with a drill, I had to drive myself to the hospital in my pickup truck. I really wish I would have had this Corvette. I would have made it on time.


When I did a bit of digging, I discovered that a couple of years ago, the said fighter did indeed have an unfortunate accident involving a power drill.  Notably, he showed incredible candour, as well as humour, in talking about that.  He also displayed remarkable resilience in bouncing back from that life-altering episode.

As for the commercial, in some quarters, it has been described as funny, and in some as very funny.  Personally, I found it strange- and that’s an understatement.  Here’s a link.