‘Cats’ Movie made Andrew Lloyd Webber buy a Therapy Dog

For the first time, we now know what Andrew Lloyd Webber really feels about the catastrophic Hollywood adaptation of his super-successful musical.  To quote from an interview to Variety magazine:

‘Cats’ was off-the-scale all wrong. There wasn’t really any understanding of why the music ticked at all. I saw it and I just thought, ‘Oh, God, no.’ It was the first time in my 70-odd years on this planet that I went out and bought a dog. So the one good thing to come out of it is my little Havanese puppy.


He then goes on to narrate a priceless exchange he had with an airline, after he claimed this was a therapy dog.

I wrote off and said I needed him with me at all times because I’m emotionally damaged and I must have this therapy dog. The airline wrote back and said, ‘Can you prove that you really need him?’ And I said ‘Yes, just see what Hollywood did to my musical “Cats”.’ Then the approval came back with a note saying, ‘No doctor’s report required.’