If you are Banksy…

A few days ago, a local politician in Wales made global headlines after he resigned from public office for a very unusual reason.  He was alleged to secretly be the mystery artist Banksy- an allegation that, he said, undermined his ability to do his job.  Since then, he has launched a campaign to uncover the identity of Banksy, that centres around ‘I Am NOT Banksy’ badges.  To quote from the campaign website:

If everyone who is NOT Banksy wears an I Am NOT Banksy badge and Banksy is the only person who is NOT wearing I Am NOT Banksy badge (because they ARE Banksy) then everyone will know that Banksy IS Banksy (because they are NOT wearing an I Am NOT Banksy badge) and, most importantly, Banksy will finally have found out who they are for him/her/them self(ves).

If you are NOT Banksy then please take a I Am NOT Banksy Badge and wear it everywhere you go.

If you ARE Banksy then please DO NOT take a I Am NOT Banksy Badge and DO NOT wear it everywhere you go.


What’s more, everyone being mailed the badge is also sent this request:

And please remember Banksy is NOT allowed to wear your badge so please do not lend it to him