When a ‘Mistress’ Calls

From Florida: a dominatrix has been in the news after making an appearance at a meeting of Fort Lauderdale city commissioners with a rather unusual request- for taxpayer money funding for a dungeon.  Also of note was the specific wording of that request.  To quote:

Good evening, council peoples. You may call me ‘Mistress’.

I am here standing neutral to the motion approving an agreement for the proprietary purchase of Yardways Processing and Disposal. I do, however, find it interesting that you will spend almost 1 million dollars to hide your secrets down the drain - hiding that condom I know used to cheat on your spouse with.

So, I propose that you use a quarter of that mill to support ‘doms’ and ‘subs’ in Broward County, to build a dungeon created for us by us- the taxpayers and voting citizens.

In closing, do not let this glamorous look distract you from doing your duty to take my demand.

I look forward to spanking each and every single one of you at the new esteemed dungeon. You are dismissed.


The immediate response from one of the commissioners:

Okay, thank you.  And happy holidays to you.


Link to video

Link to coverage of episode by  CNN’s Jeanne Moos