The frankness of Christoph Waltz

A selection of his responses to questions posed by the readers of The Guardian:

In Inglourious Basterds, was that a real or a stunt apple strudel that you stubbed your cigarette in? wenders14

A precise answer to that question would require a more precise definition of the term “stunt strudel”.

Have you seen Rob Brydon’s impersonation of you? ColonelFlustered

Seeing this question, I tried to find the clip online, then I got bored looking for it. It is easy to do any impression of me. It’s not difficult. Everybody who has a distinct way of speaking is easy to impersonate. When it’s easy to recognise, it’s easy to impersonate. Someone did an impression of me on Saturday Night Live. I saw it and didn’t recognise myself, but they thought it was hysterically funny. But they always do.

Did you get much backlash for calling out Nigel Farage in the days after the Brexit referendum? brucevayne1000 [context]

My only regret is that I didn’t attack him enough. When he gloriously announced his retreat from politics, I said that the head rat is leaving the sinking ship, because clearly he saw that he had overshot in the face of Brexit, so he retired. Britain goes down, Nigel Farage is sitting on his money in the Cayman Islands and laughing himself silly. It’s beyond comprehension. I was at a press junket in London when I said it, and the person who did the interview took his SD card and fed it straight on to the internet.

You seem like a nice guy. But should we trust you? Twist27

No. On both counts.