Cannibalism Legislation

I’ll let this report explain:

An Idaho lawmaker wants to expand a law that bans cannibalism over fears about a rise in human composting.

Rep. Heather Scott, R-Blanchard, introduced a bill Thursday to expand the state’s cannibalism ban and told a legislative committee that she’s worried about the possibility that people are eating other people.

“This is going to be normalized at some point, the way our society’s going and the direction we’re going,” Scott said.

Idaho is the only state to outlaw cannibalism, according to Encyclopaedia Britannica. Other states have laws targeting abuse or desecration of a corpse, according to Cornell Law School.

Scott’s bill would add to Idaho’s prohibition of cannibalism a ban on giving someone else “the flesh or blood of a human being” without that person’s “knowledge or consent.”


And this is part of what she said, explaining the background for her proposal:

I know this seems like it’s a heavy topic, actually. It might seem kind of gruesome. And it kind of is. I'm going to give you a little background of what got me into this position to run this bill.

So keeping in mind Ecclesiastes 1.9, ‘What has been will be again. What has been done will be done again. There's nothing new under the sun.’ So cannibalism has existed and it's been a widespread custom in humanity for pretty much all of history. And examples have been found on every continent of cannibalism.

So a few years ago, back in 2019, I heard that Washington State was starting to do human composting. And that disturbed me. I envisioned something with commercial composting, and I didn’t want to see that in my Home Depot stores.