AI-generated pet backstories

This is how PetSmart Charities explains this initiative:

A pet’s backstory can inspire a person to adopt them, but they’re often left blank. That’s why PetSmart Charities created an AI tool to help volunteers, staff and fosters craft compelling pet profiles instantly.


Here’s a sample profile:

Hi, I’m Winston, a cuddly rabbit that was once the proud assistant of a forgetful magician named Merlin. One day, Merlin put me in his hat and forgot. I found myself in a land of mismatched socks, lost keys, and odd handkerchiefs. With some effort (and nibbling on some old capes) , I finally made my way out and hopped over to the shelter, hoping for a quieter life away from magical blunders. Now, I’m looking for a home where the only tricks are those involving carrot treats.


Link to tool website